Fast-track your success
You may have started your business to be your own boss, to be in control of your future and build a better life for your family. However, running your own business can sometimes turn out to be a beast of burden. Never enough time to sort out the mounting issues and a general sense of being out of control, leaving you with no time to spend with your family and friends. Your business begins to run you, instead of the other way around.
Get in Control
Through over 60 years of working with local businesses in the Albury Wodonga region, Johnsons MME works closely with our clients to recalibrate their help them retain control of their businesses.
At Johnsons MME, our business coaching program puts you back in the driver’s seat. Through a ten week cycle with regular face-to-face sessions, we help you provide clarity to your business vision, improve financial management systems, boost profit and performance and articulate a clear pathway forward.
Tailored Programs to Suit You
We recognise this is not a one size fits all solution and so we have tailored three programs to suit businesses at their different life cycle stages:
- Starter: For new businesses that have been operating for between 1 – 3 years or people wishing to start up their own business;
- Growth: Businesses that are 3 – 5 years old and encountering issues such as cash flow problems, planning ahead, dealing with market changes, finding the right systems and people, financial management and problem solving;
- Excel: Mature businesses facing issues such as succession, remaining competitive, productivity or management stagnation.
Tailored to meet the areas of priority for your business, the course will take you through a number of modules such as:
Module – NOW, WHERE, HOW
We will look at a range of business metrics to uncover your NOW position ie/ what is the current health of your business. The NOW of your business looks at who are your key people, what are your current products and/or services, your customers, your pricing and your financial position.
The WHERE projects out 5 to 10 years. Where do you want your business to be within this time frame? What do you want to have achieved?
We next look at HOW to get there through identifying your business’s strengths and weaknesses, then developing plans and strategies to overcome issues and capitalise on opportunities.
Module – PROFIT IMPROVEMENT
Through a profitability diagnostic, we help you understand which customers generate the greatest profit margin. We also examine how to move those in the least profit generating category upwards. This is part of your business planning process to improve the profitability of your operations. As well as comparing income, margins and expenses to benchmarks to help identify areas for improvement.
Module – REPORTING AND MONITORING
Whatever you can measure, you can manage. By identifying key performance indicators of your business, you can track progress in relation to their achievement. KPIs need to be specific and measurable and refer to key drivers for your business to reach its goals.
We will help you to identify those KPIs which are critical to your success and then embed them into the fabric of your business reporting and culture.
Module – WASTE REDUCTION
Determining where efficiencies can be gained in business processes is one of the most effective ways to increase profitability. Process inefficiencies are generally referred to as waste and there are seven areas where waste can be found in most organisations:
- Overproduction – produce more than is required or before required.
- Waiting time – inefficient use of time.
- Transport – between processes, leads to loss of time and greater potential for things to go wrong.
- Inappropriate processing – using the wrong tools for the job at hand.
- Unnecessary inventory – direct result of overproduction.
- Unnecessary motions – relates to ergonomics such as bending, stretching and reaching in production.
- Defects – product issues relating to damage.