Carbon Farming Audit & Assurance
Johnsons MME is a Category 2 Registered Greenhouse Energy Auditor with the Clean Energy Regulator. This enables us to provide audit and assurance services under the Federal Government’s Emissions Reduction Fund (ERF) and National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) frameworks.
Johnsons MME has experience in auditing a number of eligible projects under a range of approved methodologies and reporting to the Clean Energy Regulator. These audits have resulted in a large volume of Australian carbon credit units being generated for landholders/project owners and approved by the Clean Energy Regulator for sale to the government through a carbon abatement contract or in a secondary market.
Contact Stephen Clarke for a confidential discussion about your project’s audit requirements under the ERF.
In addition to our work in audit and assurance, we also provide consulting services to clients with respect to their ERF compliance requirements and relevant methodology. This has included:
- Assisting applications to the Clean Energy Regulator under chosen methodology;
- Managing the ERF auction process, including all applications, educating staff involved in the process and discussions with potential carbon traders if required;
- Implementing, reviewing and educating management in required documentation and record keeping requirements under your chosen methodology;
- Identifying and rectifying issues with the project that can be dealt with offsite and working with management to fix issues that need to be dealt with on site;
- Preparation of all information for future audits;
- Sourcing an auditor on your behalf to undertake your first audit; and
- Regular site visits and teleconferences to discuss progress and any issues identified.
Contact Paul Goonan for a confidential discussion about how we can assist you with compliance and administrative requirements under the ERF, relevant methodology and/or participating in the carbon auction.